Fundamentals of Business Management and Your QMS
This course will introduce students to understanding how to identify key business processes in their companies and how these can be integrated with their Quality Management System (QMS). Although this course is focused on the development of QMS processes, it will show how all business processes can be integrated with the QMS to create a comprehensive Business Management System. It will also show the importance of organizing processes into manageable functions that can be assigned to individuals independent of departments.
Participants will learn to develop easy-to-use and follow documentation that describes how to fulfill the purpose of the process. They will discover how the computer can be used to make document control and record management easy to achieve using techniques available within Microsoft Office.
Who Should Take This Course?
Quality managers who would like to learn how to make their QMS far easier to follow and audit will find that this tool substantially improves their business operations. This is an opportunity to bring your QMS to a new level of sophistication and improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Although this training is not presented as “Lean Administration”, it can help you achieve a remarkable improvement in many of your administrative processes.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Reorganize all of their QMS processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Utilize Integrated Flowchart Documentation to describe all QMS processes
- Enable easy integration of other requirements such as ITAR and ISO 14001
- Substantially improve the ability to conduct effective and efficient internal audits
- Reduce the length of QMS documentation by more than 60%
- Improve the use of MS Office to manage all records and documents
- Length: 8 hours
- Format: Virtual Classroom
- Class size: Maximum 10 Students
- Prerequisites: Experience with QMS
- The course will be offered beginning July 14th as a two-hour online session (from 10:00 to 12:00). The training will continue with 3 more two-hour online sessions on July 16, 21 and 23.
- Prior to the first session, the instructor, John Graham, will work with each student to download the course material on their computer and prepare them for connecting to Zoom.
- Between the sessions, students will be given projects to work on to test their new knowledge. They will be able to contact the instructor to address any questions they might have. As needed the instructor will work with them via Zoom or email.
The fee for this eight-hour course is $100 for member, $125 for non-members