The U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce presents an Aerospace and Defense Trade Mission to Turkey DECEMBER 3-7th 2012.
Civil aviation is booming in Turkey. Domestic and international passengers totaled over 85 million last year and Turkey’s strategic location ensures unrivaled advantages in airline, MRO, cargo and air taxi services in the region. Istanbul is also considering the construction of a third international airport. The Defense Sector is growing as well. In 2011, over $11 billion was allocated to MOD spending, with 47% spent on goods and services. Turkey has the world’s sixth largest army and the second largest army in NATO after the United States, while the Turkish Air Force (TAF) is the world’s third largest operator of the F-16. The Aerospace and Defense Industry Trade Mission will introduce U.S. companies to potential Turkish business partners and buyers. Participants will learn about opportunities in the Turkish aerospace and defense market and meet with Turkish industry and government officials.
As a participant in the U.S.-Turkey Aerospace and Defense Industry Trade Mission, you will benefit from the following:
- Pre-travel briefings/webinar on the Turkish Aerospace and Defense market
- Pre-scheduled meetings with potential partners, distributors, end users, or local industry contacts in Ankara;
- Transportation to/from the hotel to meetings for the duration of the mission;
- Meetings with U.S. and Turkish government officials;
- Participation in industry networking receptions
- Meetings with CS Turkey’s defense industry specialists and the Office of Defense Cooperation (U.S. Department of Defense)
- Press coverage in the local Turkish media
Participation Fee: The participation fee is $4,850 for large firms and $3,435 for a small and medium-sized firms. The fees are for one representative per firm - each additional person is $500 extra. Expenses for lodging, meals, incidentals, and international and domestic (air) travel are the responsibility of each mission participant.
See our Aerospace Trade Mission webpage at: http://export.gov/california/losangelesdowntown/events/turkey/